How to Fix DXGI Crash
1) In the games Properties add Launch Options and close Steam after saving:
By skipping the launcher this way you will retain cloud sync and achievements.
I still experience crashes under DX11, Vulkan with further tuning did the trick.
2) In NVIDIA Control Panel, go to Manage 3D Settings, second tab – Program Settings.
Let it search for apps and choose bg3.exe from the list.
Change 2 settings to force them on to the game:
- OpenGL GDI compatibility -> Prefer compatible
- Vulkan/OpenGL present method -> Prefer layered on DXGI Swapchain
3) I would strongly recommend removing the contents of:
- %LocalAppData%\Larian Studios\Baldur’s Gate 3\LevelCache\
Leave it empty so to exclude faults in previous files.
4) (Optional) Clear Shader Caches: