Useful Tips on How to Counter the Knight
As a Knight player, I would suggest you the following:
- If he has the Carnifex up (skull symbol on his arm) DONT camp pallets, Carnifex can nearly insta-destroy dropped pallets.
- If he has the Assassin up (sword symbol on his arm) DONT run in a straight line away. Assassin is the fastest of the guards, normally used to catch/injure survivors.
- If you are only chased by a guard, try to loop around and get the banner (giving you a speed boost, enduring and ending the chase).
- The Banner of the Carnifex spawns slower compared to the ones of the Assassin and Jailer (it is based on the hunting duration).
- If a guard “camps” a hooked survivor, run to the hook and unhook. The Guard will stop chasing you the moment you start the unhook animation.
- Getting chased by a guard AND the knight at the same time can be a death sentence, dont get cornered (map awareness).
- Knights try to deny you a loop. As soon as he puts his sword into the ground to summon his guard HOLD W and leave the loop. He wont be able to summon a new guard for a while after doing so (only if he “destroys” the summoned one). Knight is just a 115% Killer, he has to catch up with you by foot.
- While getting chased by a guard AND the knight, most knights will try to corner you so that the guard can hit you first and he can finish you off. Watch out for this.
- While a survivor is “haunted” and chased by a guard, the knight will lose his collision. Use this to your advantage. He cant bodyblock you while in this state.
- Guards arent the smartest bunch, try to use pallets. More often than not the guard will get stuck and tries to find a new path around the obstacle, giving you plenty of time to escape.
- Stay healthy against a knight. An injured survivor most of the time is a dead survivor against a good knight (since he can deny most of the loops in the game and patrol two areas of the map at the same time).
Here are some more:
- You can bodyblock a hit for teammate that is chased by one of the guards. The guards prioritize hitting a survivor. So just run directly behind the haunted survivor to tank a hit for them.
- Same goes if you realize that one teammate is chased by the knight AND a guard at the same time. Run to them and try to tank a hit. This denies the knight a “two tap” (hitting with a guard, directly following with a basic attack) on the chased survivor. This is a bit risky because in the worst case two survivors are now injured, but the knight will have to waste more time for a down.
- Knights cant see you while using their power. Use this if you believe the knight is using his power towards your generator (at the start of a match, after a down near your generator, after a hook near your generator, etc.). But be careful! The knight will still be able to hear you reparing the gen.
- Dont run away if a guard spawns at your gen and starts damaging it. While performing this action the guard CANT spot you and start a chase. Keep your eyes and ears open, maybe the knight is heading towards your generator.
- Loud noises (fast vaulting, entering a locker fast, etc.) WILL trigger a chase with a patrolling guard while being in his detection zone. They have to either see OR hear you to start a chase. So dont perform rushed actions while the guard cant see you.
Hope some of this tips will help you playing against the knight!