How to Fix Online Issues
Try the following:
- Try connecting via VPN
- If you are behind double router (your ISP modem and another home router). Please try to either connect to your ISP modem directly, or set your home router into bridge mode.
- Ensure Wildmender is allowed by your computer’s firewall. If you’re using Windows Defender, open the Windows menu / Windows Administrative Tools / Windows Defender Firewall with Advanced Security. In “Inbound Rules,” please make sure “Wildmender” is Allowed.
- Turn off any antivirus you have to see if that solves the problem.
- Set up your router for port forwarding, add a rule where UDP port 5055 traffic would be forwarded to your own computer. You may need to find out how to do so for your router.
- Please make sure outgoing UDP traffic to port 1234 and 5055 is unblocked.
- Restart your router: Unplug the router and leave it unplugged for 5 minutes. Then, plug it back in and connect to the internet to check if this solved the problem.
- Restart Steam. Sometimes that’s all that is required!
- Make sure the game has downloaded properly. Right-click on the game in your game library, select Properties, go to the Local Files tab, and click Verify Integrity of Game Cache.
- Try opting out of Steam Beta.
- Disable or uninstall Hamachi or any VPN software that you have.
- Disable your antivirus software.