Tips for Pirates
In my opinion, the game play style isn’t highly supported, but you can do it, and it’s profitable!
The basic idea is:
- You fight ships until they abandon ship, and then commandeer them, or…
- You do a hostile takeover by softening up your target and ordering a ship full of marines to board it, or…
- You do some smuggling, which is basically just selling to an underworld contact that you gain from doing some missions.
- You could cripple some factions by disrupting their supply lines, although that doesn’t really serve much purpose.
- You can do some ‘hacking’ to steal wares from stations, and sell or use the commodities.
There’s not much else to it, unfortunately. There’s some strong core components there for pirate style play, but it’s not really fleshed out thematically, politically, and there aren’t many options.
I think most folks do piracy stuff mainly to supplement income, in order to build stations or cohere a capitol fleet.