How to Beat Them
Here are some tips to make them easier:
- Equip your whole squad with shotguns and as many grenades as possible. If you like them, maybe bring a grenadier to demo walls (I personally don’t bother).
- Flashbang/Stun Grenade the *** out of anything close enough to shoot back as soon as you land, then finish them off with shotgun-to-face.
- When LZ is clear, send out scouts to every building to find VIP. Pretend you didn’t already know what building that was. Yes I wish it was random. Skip this step if you already know.
- Rush shotgun squad to all the walls surrounding the building, but keep them behind full walls. DO NOT peek into windows right away if you don’t have TUs to move back to safety, you risk mind attacks.
- Use demo grenades if you have to, but otherwise use doors/windows to move your men in from every direction. Use lowest TU guys first, and try to use up all their TUs spotting all enemies so your other guys can get close and shoot. Once VIP is located flashbang/stun grenade the *** out of everything and kill defenders. Beat down VIP with stun batons/grenades then hustle back to the ship.
Clearing the LZ should only take 1-2 turns. Getting to the correct build takes 1-2 turns unless you are unlucky with scouting out the VIP because you don’t know his loc. Clearing the VIP build should only take 1 turn. At this point, reinforcements will start to spawn.
Unless they are right next to you, just ignore them and sprint to ship. If you feel the need, pop smoke grenades or flashbang them to stop reaction shots, but otherwise run your ass away.